International visual art competition
« Graines d’artistes du monde entier »
Created in 1993, our contest continues to expand worldwide. This « open window » on our planet collects the artistic expressions of young people under 25 years old each year, under varying themes.
This is a free contest for children and young people from all over the world, aged 3 to 25 years old.
Our contest seeks to promote artistic practice among children and young people around the world, aiming to bring them together around a common international action.
The World Art Institute of Youth‘s mission is to inscribe childhood and youth in humanity’s memory – which is why we undertake the conservation of all participating artistic creations within our art library « Mémoires du Futur®« .
- 100 laureates will be rewarded with a medal and a diploma of honor.
- The nominees will receive a diploma of honor.
- All participants will be registered in the Artistic Fund of our Art Library « Mémoires du Futur®« .
« Tales and legends of my country »
Download label :
International visual arts competition
Open to everyone from 3 to 25 years old
Categories : 3-5 y.o / 6-9 y.o / 10-13 y.o / 14-17 y.o / 18-25 y.o / MS
Deadline for submission: January 15, 2023.
Deadline for receipt, subject to sending no later than January 15, 2023, is February 10, 2023.
Remaining days to send your entry:
wARTICLE 1: ORGANIZATION AND DATES OF THE COMPETITION
The World Institute of Youth Art (IMAJ) organizes the international plastic arts competition from July 1, 2022 to January 15, 2023.
ARTICLE 2: THEME AND PURPOSE OF THE COMPETITION
Theme “Tales and legends of my country”.
This competition seeks to promote artistic practice among children and young people around the world with the aim of bringing them together around a common international action.
IMAJ has made it its mission to inscribe childhood and youth in the memory of humanity, so it undertakes to keep all the artistic creations participating in its art library « Memories of the future® ». Awarded or not, they remain the property of IMAJ and will not be returned, in order to keep a testimony of childhood and youth.
ARTICLE 3: CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
- This competition is open to children and young people from 3 to 25 years old from all over the world divided into 6 categories: 03-05 years old, 06-09 years old, 10-13 years old, 14-17 years old, 18-25 years old and medico-social category (all ages up to 25).
- Only one (1) entry per person (same last name, first name and address) is accepted.
- The correctly completed attached label must be stuck with glue on the back of each creation. Any illegible or incomplete label will not be considered. For collective shipments, please add a summary list of the shipment.
- The participant may attach an explanatory text on his creation and/or on the artistic approach. NOT mandatory.
- Only creations on a flat surface are accepted (no 3D) and on flexible supports (no master key, no frame, no wood). Maximum size 105 x 75 cm.
- The creations must be sent to IMAJ in Troyes at the expense and under the responsibility of the competitors.
- Send your drawing by LETTER-MAIL (envelope), any shipment by PARCEL/PACKAGE/TUBE will be retained by customs, please check with your post office for any shipment from countries outside the European Union. Any shipment send it as a package and evaluated lower will also be retained and subject to a tax and TVA that IMAJ WILL NOT TAKE AT ITS CHARGE and will be obliged to refuse the PACKAGE. If customs determine that your entry is a good and it’s taxed, we will be unable to identify the sender and to provide an invoice, so PACKAGE will be REFUSE and returned to its sender.
Sending address :
Institut Mondial d’Art de la Jeunesse – IMAJ
Hôtel du Petit Louvre
B.P. 279 10008 Troyes Cedex
- Participants who do not meet these criteria will be automatically eliminated.
- Deadline for submission: January 15, 2023.
- Deadline for receipt, subject to sending no later than January 15, 2023, is February 10, 2023.
- The participant or his legal representative will not be able to recover his artistic creation, it will not be sent to him.
ARTICLE 4: JURY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The jury will deliberate on Saturday March 11, 2023 to select a maximum of 200 nominees and 100 winners according to respect for the theme, artistic and technical value.
ARTICLE 5: PRICE
The first 3 prizes in each category will receive a medal (gold plated, silver plated and solid bronze) and a nominative diploma. The other winners will receive a bronze medal and a nominative diploma.
The nominees will receive a nominative honorary diploma only. The prize won cannot under any circumstances be exchanged for cash or another prize.
ARTICLE 6: EXHIBITION OF CREATIONS
The winners and some of the nominees will be exhibited during the international event « Seeds of artists from around the world® » (GAME) at the Argence space in Troyes from May 30 to June 3, 2023. Later, the artistic creations will be presented in the form of a traveling exhibition in France and abroad.
ARTICLE 7: ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS
The winners will be informed by email and the results will be announced on the IMAJ Facebook page from March 27, 2023.
ARTICLE 8: AWARDS
The winners will collect their prize during the prize-giving ceremony on Saturday June 3, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. at Espace Argence in Troyes. In the event that the winner cannot be present, the prize will be sent by post. IMAJ can in no way be held responsible for the follow-up and the future of the package, it cannot be held responsible in the event of loss, theft or damage to the package (medal/diploma); it will not be able to replace or compensate for the loss/theft/degradation. Each medal and diploma is made in a single and unique copy.
ARTICLE 9: RIGHT OF ARTISTIC PROPERTY
The participant or his legal representative, exclusively assigns to IMAJ, in accordance with article L. 131-3 of the intellectual property code, all the economic rights to the artistic creation, free of charge and exclusively and for the worldwide, for the legal duration of the copyrights and certifies having read and accepted the transfer of rights contract.
ARTICLE 10: EXCLUSIONS
Each participant agrees not to send counterfeits or plagiarism. Artistic creations must be « original » and not be the subject of any copy. These rules are final and will not be the subject of any recourse, appeal or proceedings whatsoever, neither by the schools, nor by the authors.
ARTICLE 11 MEMBERSHIP
Each establishment participating in our competition becomes a « corresponding member » of IMAJ for the year without having to fulfill any specific regulatory obligations.